| 73Q Music Videos | Vote On Clips | Submit | Login   |

Help keep poeTV running

And please consider not blocking ads here. They help pay for the server. Pennies at a time. Literally.

Comment count is 94
Toenails - 2013-04-15

I don't if our community has any folks from Boston, but if we do, then just know you guys and your city are in my thoughts.

EvilHomer - 2013-04-15

Fuck.

EvilHomer - 2013-04-15

So where were you when you heard about the Boston bombing? Oh, I was on poeTV, looking for videos about gangstalkers and fat people. And I was listening to "Tessie" by the Dropkick Murphys (Boston's national anthem, for the uninitiated).

I don't think anyone I know was at the race; most of my friends are too fat to run and too lazy to bother spectating in person, but crap on a stick donkey ass balls cunt faggot ugggghhhhh off to make some calls.

EvilHomer - 2013-04-15

How are you guys doing?

chumbucket - 2013-04-15

I have 3 friends who ran. Curious how this pans out for future uncontrolled access events like marathons. I've run 6 and not sure it would be so great to have to add bomb dodging to all the crap you have to think about when trying to run 26 miles.

RocketBlender - 2013-04-15

I hope your friends are okay.

chumbucket - 2013-04-15

Thankfully friends are OK. Facebook actually bring useful.

Bort - 2013-04-15

I'm very glad we don't have to be silently note the irony of our "chumbucket" being at the bomb blast.

SteamPoweredKleenex - 2013-04-15

I'm still waiting to hear what CCTV camera footage shows. Is there a map of how many active cameras there were in the vicinity? Surely there's enough Big Brother footage that they'll have something to start with.

Sadly, however, some defense contractor d-bag and his congresscritters are going to ram through allowances for police drones based on this.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

I was at the Boston Bombing when I heard about the Boston bombing. I and my family and my uncle who ran are all OK, but if he had run it just 5 or 6 minutes slower I would have been across the street instead of at the medical tent.

This was bigger than it looks. I could feel the shockwave a block and a half away on the far side of a large, stone building.

zerobackup - 2013-04-15

^holy shit 5 for that

SolRo - 2013-04-15

Clueless armchair bomb expert here to provide not expert analysis.

Seems likely to be either homegrown or right wing terrorism. Foreign Muslim religious nutters would have gone suicide bomb, and would have used more powerful explosives (believe its been mentioned that these explosives were made with black powder, true or not the explosions do seem to be of the lower energy variety). Likely just triggered by a simple timer, clocks out of sync slightly. Relatively low fatalities considering proximity of explosions to crowds, so may not even have been a pipe bomb. (Or a PVC pipe bomb). This could have been much worse if the bomber wasn't an idiot or was able to acquire powerful explosives like c4.

It's really 50/50 on who did it, homegrown lone wolf terrorist and right wing extremists can both be insane enough to do something like this while thankfully being too stupid to cause massive damage.

Oh yeah, small chance it was just a random crazy person being random crazy person. Reptilian marathon, NWO running march, directed energy weapon jogging shorts, take your pick.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

I've been feeling the 'homegrown' vibe the whole time, too.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

Apparently the two bombs that went off were filled with ball bearings and were 'IED' quality. Like I mentioned below, in the first half hour WGBH radio mentioned CCTV footage of someone with multiple backpacks possibly dumping them in trash can NHS but it was never mentioned again so it's either a false alarm or being kept quiet until more's known (it was reported before the FBI officially took over I'm pretty sure) or most likely it's reptilians in league with illuminati gangstalkers. I hear they've been helping the queers do something to the soil.

SolRo - 2013-04-16

"IED quality"

wtf is that supposed to mean?

really terrible with a cartoonish clock taped onto it? surprisingly clever and effective given resources and education?

If it was a plastic container filled with black powder and ball bearings mixed in, it would explain why the fatalities are low. I'll pass on describing an effective black powder bomb design, not that I think any of us pussies would ever build, much less use one, I just don't want to end up on any lists.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

Your guess is as good as mine what they meant. The context was that it didn't look like something made by a person or group with serious resources at their disposal. "Homemade" is about as descriptive as the news has gotten, at least until I turned it off a couple hours ago.

memedumpster - 2013-04-16

Dammit, Old Zircon, has this site taught you nothing!?

Stay indoors, be anti-social, fear the open air. That's how you live a strong life as a poeTV enthusiast!

cognitivedissonance - 2013-04-16

I'd miss you, Zircon. I'm glad you're not dead.

Cockmaster Flash - 2013-04-15

Obviously, this means we need to reinvade Iraq.

Nominal - 2013-04-15

The Occupy movement wasn't crushed quickly and thoroughly enough.

fedex - 2013-04-15

and Afghanistan...oh wait

SolRo - 2013-04-15

this pointless debate will only cost more lives!

quit wasting time and just throw a dart at a map, then invade that place. (can do over if dart hits ocean or country with military)

The Mothership - 2013-04-15

Amateur night. Thankfully.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

Two bombs went off, one or two more didn't depending on your source, and half an hour later there was a third explosion at the Kennedy library but I don't know if it is officially related or not. That's when they shut down all cell phone service in Boston in case phones were being used to trigger the bombs, but by that time I was 20 miles out of the city.

mashedtater - 2013-04-15

i am glad you are okay

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

Thanks. I saw an aerial map on TV a few minutes ago and I was actually about half as far away as I thought. Goddamn

SteamPoweredKleenex - 2013-04-15

Will we be devoting a week to the scores of conspiracy videos this will create? What does StealthwaveF22Raptor think?

Cockmaster Flash - 2013-04-15

Alex Jones has already started with False Flagottry, so it should be soon.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

Hell, within two hours WGBH radio was already talking about how Obama could spin this in his favor, and that's public radio.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

NPR I mean.

Hooker - 2013-04-15

I'm really wondering what the fallout will be from this. It already seems like it's going to be a much bigger story than the Mumbai hotel bombing.

RocketBlender - 2013-04-15

I feel really weird 5 staring something like this, but it really doesn't deserve any other score.

I just learned about this from this video after getting home from work, so I'm in the dark; has anyone been accused or taken responsibility yet?

StanleyPain - 2013-04-15

As of my writing this, no. There are rumors of a suspect being held as one of the injured.

Some are speculating this might be some right wing thing since it falls on both Tax Day and Patriot Day.

Hooker - 2013-04-15

I read on another site that they've found a Saudi national "running from the explosion" and "acting suspiciously," but I can't find the actual news report of it at all.

Jet Bin Fever - 2013-04-15

Saudi? BUT THEY ARE OUR ETERNAL FRIENDS AND ALLIES AND WOULD NEVER WANT TO HARM US.

Raggamuffin - 2013-04-15

what could be more suspicious than running away from an explosion

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

Early on the radio was reporting CCTV footage of a man with multiple backpacks caught dropping them into trash bins but after the initial mention there was no word about it, and it hasn't been officially mentioned at all.

The weird thing is, about 20 minutes before the explosion I heard some college kids behind me laughing about the "guy with the backpack" they just saw and I thought that was weird because I'd been paying close attention to the runners and hadn't seen anyone running with a backpack except for some soldiers, but the last of them has passed at least 4 or 5 minutes earlier. this was across the street and a bit less than half a block south of Exeter, which puts it a block from the first bomb.

fedex - 2013-04-15

apparently it was the New York Post with the Saudi National claim, so take with a hug boulder of salt

EvilHomer - 2013-04-15

SOLDIERS, YOU SAY?

Soldiers... from the GOVERNMENT?

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

I heard about the Saudi national (and two or three other 'persons of interest') on CNN and WGBH radio, and the Brigham and Women's Hospital where they are being held has been sealed off by the feds with no public explanation.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

Christian Science Monitor:

"

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013, morgan ross wrote:
> I will be very surprised if it isn't a single, unaffiliated, probably domestic right wing lunatic. If nothing else, anyone with any training, funding, help or other resources could have killed hundreds of people easily, in my opinion.
>
> On Tuesday, April 16, 2013, morgan ross wrote:
>> I was there but too tired to talk about it. We are all OK thankfully. Left the bomb site about 10 minutes before it went off to meet my uncle who had just crossed the finish line, so we were next to the Hancock tower near the medical tents when it went off. Felt the shock wave but didn't see it , not even smoke."

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

oops, pasted the wrong stuff.

tl;dr: the Saudi national is not a suspect, he was just a spectator who was gang tackled when the bombs went off because AYRABS.

Kabbage - 2013-04-15

This was two blocks from my work. Everyone's fine, but jesus fucking christ.

SteamPoweredKleenex - 2013-04-15

Oh? Did something fall on Mr. J.F. Christ?

fedex - 2013-04-15

phantom stars for the kleenex

Robin Kestrel - 2013-04-16

Dude, those holes in his hands and feet and side were already there.

Spaceman Africa - 2013-04-15

Are people already tossing this on middle eastern people?

Cockmaster Flash - 2013-04-15

The New York Post is.

Macho Nacho - 2013-04-15

Westboro Baptist Church are being complete cunts about it too.

fedex - 2013-04-15

SURPRISE SURPRISE

Jet Bin Fever - 2013-04-15

Crazy crazy shit. I'm glad it was only a small explosion. Already heard dumbasses at work saying it was planned by the government. Fuck my state.

Hooker - 2013-04-15

Florida or one of the Carolinas?

Jet Bin Fever - 2013-04-15

Tennessee, close enough.

Cockmaster Flash - 2013-04-15

JEWS DID BOSTON

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

Two explosions at the marathon, one or two unexploded bombs recovered nearby, and then a third, possibly unrelated explosion about 30 minutes later at the Kennedy library.

SteamPoweredKleenex - 2013-04-15

DEBBIE DID DALLAS!

EvilHomer - 2013-04-15

"possibly unrelated"

Cockmaster Flash - 2013-04-15

JEWS DID DEBBIE

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-15

First they said it was a small electrical fire and then they said it was an explosion and last I heard it was back to electrical fire.

Adham Nu'man - 2013-04-15

I hope you all your loved ones are ok.

dairyqueenlatifah - 2013-04-15

Wow, it's 8:15 Eastern time, and I just now heard about this. Thanks PoE for being my number one news source.

Fuck the Sandy Hook shooter, fuck the Dark Knight shooter, and fuck whoever did this. And just think, there are people who live where this shit happens on a regular basis. Fuck this whole fucking planet.

It's a good thing we have the internet, because fuck going outside anymore. I wonder how long until this is blamed on Muslims, and how long until we get the flood of Alex Jones followers claiming that this was an inside job plotted by the government to make us pay higher taxes or some shit.

This ruined my evening.

EvilHomer - 2013-04-15

Alex Jones has already blamed the government and the media has already blamed Muslims. Both happened within a half hour of the attacks.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

Also like I mentioned above NPR already called it a good opportunity for Obama to put on a strong public face or something close to that, also in the first half hour.

Shoebox Joe - 2013-04-15

I hate watching these videos. Not because they depress me or shock me, but because my only reaction seems to be a sort of shock that doesn't know what to do at all. I don't cringe, I don't stare, I simply watch.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

The parts where you can see a pool of limbs and torsos was enough for me. Some of the more recent helicopter footage is pretty hard to take, too, specifically the parts where you can see a pool of blood that's at least 20feet in diameter at the first bomb site.

Shoebox Joe - 2013-04-17

Those videos made me feel a lot more human.

Glad you're safe, Zircon.

zerdzer - 2013-04-15

i wonder who did this, and why?

well, whatever happens, we'll be okay if we don't start pointing fingers.

dairyqueenlatifah - 2013-04-15

Too late.

samstein - 2013-04-15

Stars withheld for Moslem tag

SteamPoweredKleenex - 2013-04-15

What's a Moslem?

Shoebox Joe - 2013-04-15

A few literary grades lower than a Muslim.

Bort - 2013-04-15

Strange, "Moslem" used to be used pretty regularly, but it fell out of common usage early this century.

http://hnn.us/articles/524.html

I guess we can start saying "irregardless", amirite?

Shoebox Joe - 2013-04-15

Shit, I didn't even know that was a correct spelling. I've just fed another handful of gawking conservatives.

When will us LIEberals learn? :(

Shoebox Joe - 2013-04-15

Shit, that actually sounded bad. WONTON TEENAGE conservatives!

Bort - 2013-04-15

Have another one: Musselman.

fedex - 2013-04-15

THE MOORS DID IT

EvilHomer - 2013-04-15

Mahometans.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

FedEx, please. The PC term is "blackamoors."

1394 - 2013-04-16

and now have de mosselman song stuck in my head

Scrotum H. Vainglorious - 2013-04-15

I wonder if Steve Hoca is ok.

zerobackup - 2013-04-15

Remember when terrorists used to claim responsibility right away?, ah the good old days...

SteamPoweredKleenex - 2013-04-15

It could be a lone wolf. If that's the case, I hope they get someone cool to do the audiobook version of their manifesto.

Bort - 2013-04-15

Like Xtranormal?

fedex - 2013-04-15

They should get Ted Kaczynski to read it, just for ironic effect.

Twitch - 2013-04-16

HBO viral marketing has gone too far.

(Terrible, I'm sorry. But this Game of Thrones has permeated our lives. My life.)

but really this has kept me up all night and
just like my cancer
all I can do is crack jokes at it until it goes away.

But then I become proactive. What can I do to fix this?

Then, I go to sleep.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

My solution was to call an old friend and go to a bar that played a lot of Zapp and Smokey Robinson songs and is at least 40 miles from the bomb site, and now I'm going to bed. I'm glad all of you mysterious Internet folks are apparently unharmed.

Billy the Poet - 2013-04-16

I was wondering when I could blow the dust of my "The Mooninites did it" joke. Probably not today.

Bort - 2013-04-16

Well it's a good thing you in no way communicated it!

Can't blame you, though; I thought about that too: the city freaking out over LED displays, as if terrorists routinely advertise the locations of their explosives.

BTW according to Martha Coakley, The Super Scary Mooninite LED Board "had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires." Remember Martha Coakley? She later went on to lose a slam-dunk election against Scott Brown because she couldn't be bothered to campaign, and so cost the Democrats any chance of passing their agenda.

chumbucket - 2013-04-16

Glad you were clear of the zone Zircon.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

No, Billy the Poet, today is a pretty good day for it.

Simillion - 2013-04-16

MONDAY

EvilHomer - 2013-04-16

Worst Garfield strip ever.

Old_Zircon - 2013-04-16

TERRORISTS BLOW UP THE NORTH END, THOUSANDS OF POUNDS OF LASAGNA DESTROYED.

Shoebox Joe - 2013-04-17

That was a false flag.

Obviously the injured were pushed over by Garfield.

Register or login To Post a Comment

Video content copyright the respective clip/station owners please see hosting site for more information.
Privacy Statement