|ashtar. - 2013-04-27 |
Baleen: the gauntlet has been thrown down.
Disappointed that he's not up for being a bear daddy, but excited and intrigued about mac daddyness.
|EvilHomer - 2013-04-27 |
Just to recap for the benefit of any Poester who's coming late to the party, this guy found us all on his own. He's lurking here, somewhere in the shadows, and responding to us of his own free will. So, yeah, no Prime Directive violation, assuming the PD even still applies.
Jet Bin Fever
But if you respond and send him questions and stuff, isn't that clearly a Prime Directive issue?
The Prime Directive applies to pre-warp civilizations. It's meant to stop exhibits from becoming aware of the larger galaxy around them; the cat's already out of the bag with this one, so whatever.
Plus, you've got to figure that most of us are already participating members of the Youtube/ Liveleak/ Worldstarhiphop whatever communities; it's not like the old days, when we were sneaking up on Otherkin messageboards and furry porn webrings. Poesters routinely talk to exhibits on their "off hours" (e.g. baleen making Corky cry), so I always figure that the rule for Web 2.0 is: never let on you're from poeTV. It's like a secret identity, our covert Perp cover. We can lead our normal internet lives, but don't go nuts, and don't talk about your special mission status with the TIs.
Of course, none of this really matters, since support's dead and the PD was never an officially instituted rule here, anyway, but I still like having standards.
There's also a problem with the Prime Directive in that each of us is a captain of our own General Culture Vehicle and can actually find these "exhibits" on our own, regardless of whether or not anybody has submitted them. I believe the prime directive is really meant to stop our users from tormenting people on their turf and of being total assholes in general. I really think there's a line between bullying, asshole behavior and acceptable interactivity with weird people. But maybe the line is a thin one.
I honestly did not expect my interaction with Corky to unleash such a torrent of emotion in him, when I saw that he was clearly cracking into pieces, I stopped. Seeing that he's actually a more horrible person than I thought before I trolled him with those few videos years back, I don't too bad about it.
|Hugo Gorilla - 2013-04-27 |
Realmanpwns, will you ever get a cat poster for your room like TFL Bill? How about a tapestry?
|Spaceman Africa - 2013-04-28 |
He sounds like a southern fried James Randi
|Toenails - 2013-04-28 |
Oh so there's a blanket there also. Boy do I feel like an idiot now!
And if I may real quick, Pwns (can I call you Pwns? I feel like you'd be okay with it), one of the things I like to do with my free time is go around the internet looking for strange and truly bizarre videos. I watch a lot of conspiracy theorists spout off all sorts of strange nonsense (in fact, I recently stumbled on this guy: http://youtu.be/jYpFaAybnB4 , but I haven't decided if I really found the best video of his yet), and you are correct, they are not all greasy fat bachelors.
That was a joke at your expense. Sorry, but although your views are silly to me, I knew I crossed a line when I typed that out. And you didn't do anything to deserve it. You're a pretty weird and chill guy who has a strange hobby (youtube vlogger who hates the government), but I'm a pretty weird and chill guy who has a strange hobby also (poetv user that searches people like you out. And shares them with other users. For absolutely no fucking reason other than "hey, I got half a day to kill, why not watch shitty videos nobody else would?").
I know it's been said before, but I want to reiterate, that this community *LOVES* it when people we make fun of find us out and come to us and becomes part of our community. And this was true waaaaay back at POE-Red (If anybody here has anything bad to say about Boomer the Dog or Timothy A. Bear, they can go ahead and fuck themselves right off).
So if you got still got problems registering, I could send an email to support backing you up? I for one would just love to hear your opinions about how the government is controlled by secret muslim jews bent on forcing us to brush our teeth with cyanide.
Oh question: The Kansas City Royals beat the Cleveland Indians tonight by a score of 3-2. Was the government involved in any way because they hate Indians?
Backpedal all you want, you're still not getting a bear daddy out of this.
It's all good now. My transformation has begun!
|TheSupafly - 2013-04-28 |
I am very excited over this development.
|chumbucket - 2013-04-28 |
His accent is Baltimore-ish. East-coaster?
Greenville NC to be exact, though I hail from California originally.
|Hooker - 2013-04-28 |
Some questions, RMP!
* Is Neil Young's best song Mr. Soul, or do you consider that a Buffalo Springfield song?
* Could you explain the difference between who and whom?
* Do you wash from your head to your feet or from your feet to your head?
* Who would really win in a fight between Randy Savage and Jake Roberts?
* David Foster Wallace claimed that people who use the word "class" were usually used by less sophisticated people to mean refinement. Do you agree, or do you think "class" has a different meaning? Please explain.
* Did James Woods get into the garbage truck?
|Mother_Puncher - 2013-04-28 |
This guy reminds me of a crazier version of my old math teacher in middle school. He got caught fucking a 13 year old girl and doing coke with her and I later fucked her knowing all of this because she had a daddy complex. Anyway he was a cool dude and had a similar style of cringe-worthy creepy dad humor but that's all the nice things to say about this guy
Realmanpwns I have a few questions that I think needs answering.
1. Ive always wondered this and you seem to be the person to answer. If the government does organize these attacks and use them as false flag, why do they leave a massive trail in that leads back to them that any sloppy paranoid nutjob with an internet connection can see? You'd think that a government that can organize large scale destruction or hoaxes or what have you could cover their tracks better.
2. Money doesn't make the world. There is an entire series of physics at work behind that and money has nothing to do with the planet turning. How can we trust your analysis on anything if your knowledge of science hasnt evolved since the Dark Ages?
1. Humans are fallible and will invariably make mistakes.
2. The answer is because I know everything. Anything I don't know is irrelevant.
| Register or login To Post a Comment|