|Nominal - 2014-03-17 |
Looks like these people have a seg-WAYS to go. Back to you, Bob.
|EvilHomer - 2014-03-17 |
Any geeks here know where I can find one of these on the cheap? I'd love to be the proud owner of a Segway, but around here they only seem to sell them to Yale professors and security guards.
Follow up question: how practical are they for daily, urban commutes of up to eight miles? Shame is not a factor.
Mr. Purple Cat Esq.
Evilhomer just get a bicycle. Some advantages I can think of..
1. Does not require petrol / electricity
2. Very cheap to maintain in perfect running order (you can do all repair work yourself + parts and tools required are cheap)
3. You will get some exercise every day on the way in and out to work.
4. Doesnt require insurance road tax etc.
5. The best solution (apart from walking) for a commute for the environment /your carbon footprint if you give a shit about that.
5. Your not putting your safety in the hands of some crappily designed gadget and its cheap solid state gyro (similar to what they use in phones nowadays)
A bicycle? What, and be a DORK?! No thank you!
You raise a new question, though. Do Segways require insurance, tax, or impose any other special restrictions? I assume they're treated like bicycles, but is this actually the case?
I would never wear a Twilight Sparkle backpack.
|Old_Zircon - 2014-03-17 |
There's a cheap looking knock off of a Segway on eBay right now for 00 OBO.
|SolRo - 2014-03-17 |
'fail' by itself is bad enough, but this is also aggregated video clickbait for ad revenue.
Just missing a 'top 10 of current year', hot girl preload, and 'one weird thing'.
ie, it's all the shit that comes up in related video suggestions no matter the original topic.
I've watched enough videos on here that I hardly ever get stuff like this in my recommendations anymore.
|bluiker - 2014-03-17 |
I read the desc as "the most revolting invention of the 21st century"
|Meerkat - 2014-03-17 |
Needs people falling off Segways backwards.
|Jet Bin Fever - 2014-03-19 |
I know a guy who does segway tours in Washington, DC. He tells me all kinds of fun stories about people almost running into traffic and falling on their ass over and over despite them instructing them very clearly and precisely on how to properly operate the thing. I don't think he's had any fatalities yet, so it's still something to laugh about.
| Register or login To Post a Comment|